Once you have decided to sell your boat there are a few important things that need attention/consideration before presenting the boat to the market.
- The boat is washed/detailed and clean in appearance, internally and externally, to allow quality photos and video to be taken.
- The boat has recently been run and all systems operated and checked.
- The boat is well vented and de-humidified.
- The boat is assessable to brokers and potential clients.
- Paper work is available for inspection.
- Clear title can be proven
- Consider a full survey inspection that can be provided to potential buyers which also provides you with information that you may not have been aware of. This allows items to be addressed or reflected in the pricing. This process of undertaking the survey early can save a lot of heartache and surprises during the final stages of a sale.
- Use the boat regularly to keep all systems fully operational.
- Present the boat to the market at a price that reflects the above.